Saturday, January 8, 2011

Redefined Workspace

We redefined our workspace today. Sonically the center of the room is the vertex of all sound. The DAW is in the Northern-Eastern corner. It consists of an iMac, Akai MPK49 midi workstation, Alesis M1active studio monitors, Wacom medium tablet, a pint of Old Speckled Hen, and Behringer 1204USB mixer.

The drums are in the South-Eastern corner. Amps take up much of the remaining wall space.

I also installed a wireless Kodak printer which I'm excited about. It costs much less for ink, plus we can print from anywhere in the house since we mostly use laptops. I can even print from my iPod Touch.

We ran across a lot of flyers from past shows which are now hanging on the Status board. We hung Jon's painting of the Curse of Spawn, and the surviving half of Jared's chainsawed strat.

I also made a new friend through one of my webisodes who used to work for Rhino Records before starting his own label. He's a very interesting fellow. Good connection.

-O

No comments:

Post a Comment