Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Progress is the theme of 2011

The EP is nearly recorded. It will be mixed and mastered shortly after that. Then comes the fun part (seriously, I love this part)...the promotion! I love advertising, marketing, and promotion. That's another reason I love producing television. The only thing I love more than producing television is all things related to music promotion. Once this EP becomes a product, which is after it exits post-production, then I get to start down my favorite road. We get to tour it, get reviews for it, get spins on Norwegian college radio, take criticism, make music videos, viral market, social network it, cross-promote it, tie it in to consumer products, license it to film/ads/television, and a whole myriad of other amazing train rides. We get to throw our fledgling from the nest and watch it learn to fly.

So here's the first taste of my marketing wrath:
The name of the EP will be "Mixed Signals."

Now go forth, and ponder the possibilities.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment