Saturday, February 26, 2011

I don't sit alone

Just a note: I don't sit alone in crowded rooms. If I ever enter a cafeteria, library, or bar I will opt to sit with strangers over taking a whole table to myself. This is two fold: 1st off I don't see why I should take up a whole table unless I am waiting on someone to join me or I have to spread out a lot of stuff (computer, books, cameras, et cetera). 2nd, I like meeting new people, they usually shoot me an awkward stare at first, but usually they open up and start chatting about whatever interests them shortly after. Just yesterday, I sat with a girl studying her Biology. After a while, she got up and asked me to watch her belongings. When she returned, she thanked me, "thank you, sir" and went back to studying. Shortly after, I started working on my Western Civilization homework. She shattered the stranger boundary and started chatting me up about her Western Civ teacher and we ended up talking about a wide variety of school and life related subjects. Her name is Bree, and she's a new acquaintance. Maybe not a "loan you money" friend, but someone else in the world that has a connection to you.

That is why I don't sit alone.
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment